Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014

Hello family,

I have thrown a lot of stuff away that I have been carrying around. Including those shoes that I had the holes in. I took a picture of them and got rid of them.
 
Next Monday I go to transfer meeting and then those who are going home will go to the mission home and have a dinner and then after a testimony meeting. The next day we will all fly home.

We have a ton of investigators in Milwaukie right now. There is a lot of work going on here. We are easily teaching all week long. A lot of them aren't progressing as fast as I would hope, but they are moving nonetheless. We picked up a bunch of new investigators this week as well that I am excited to work with. Two of them are named John and Barbara. We were able to take them to the temple visitor center this week. They seemed to have enjoyed it a lot and we will keep working with them. Barbara voiced to us that she was considering joining the church.

Our investigator Ashley pushed back her baptism again. Right now it is scheduled for the end of this week so we have to do a lot of planning for that still. It should be fun. I'm hoping that it will all work out.

Another lady that we met this week and ended up teaching is Gladys. She is an older lady that knew and respected a few Mormons in her life. We were able to teach her about the restoration and answer some of her questions that she had. I'm not sure if she would be willing to convert at this point in her life, but the spirit can do all things.

There are tons of less active people in this area that we are teaching. Some of them are progressing more than others, but there are some that just don't want to do anything at all. I hate when I meet people that know that the church is true and they know what they need to do and just don't do it, because of the natural man inside of them.

My birthday went well. We did some service for a guy that is less active. I also met this laurel in another ward that gave me some candy. At dinner they gave me a box of birthday cereal. That's about it. Thanks for the presents. I ate almost everything already.

Love, Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment