Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 10, 2013

Hello Family,
This week wasn't too exciting. Taught Kevin twice this week. He is progressing super well. He came to church and is still going for his baptism on the 29th.
This week I had to give the spiritual thought at district meeting about charity & love. I studied for about an hour trying to find something that I really wanted to share with everyone. I didn't find anything that really really stood out to me so I just kinda winged it with what I had. I read a little piece of PMG with them about how, like faith, charity is something that we have to develop inside us. Over time it will become part of us and we will become more like the Savior. Also, I read Luke 7:11-15 about when the Savior helps out a widow. I talked with them about how Christ showed charity & Love to the widow and why it's important. It was cool because even though I felt like I didn't know what I was doing, I came prepared and I thought it turned out pretty good. I was able to invite the spirit in, which is basically the whole point. I have seen that a lot on my mission. When you prepare and plan effectively. You might not teach anything that you planned, but the spirit will be with you and you will be guided as to what you need to talk about. Even if it's a completely different topic.
On Saturday, we had a meeting with the entire district and the stake presidency and all the bishops at 7am. Had to wake up at 5:30. That was fun. We had breakfast and we talked about the ward mission process and what needs to be happening in ward council. They said that missionary work should take up 90% of the meeting. It was pretty sweet. Bishop Glen in the Canby 1st ward is super missionary minded and he did exactly that on Sunday. He is also a super cool guy and is way happy. We have 8 investigators in the 1st ward and only 2 in the 2nd.
That's about it I guess. Love,
Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment