Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013

Hello Family,
Sorry I didn't write last week. We got busy doing a bunch of stuff so we didn't get around to it. Also, my companion doesn't really like emailing, because often he doesn't get any mail. Yesterday was Labor Day as you guessed so things were closed all day. Just like you predicted.
Things have been interesting here. Since I last wrote the only two investigators we had left after our baptism's are now gone. One moved to Idaho to be with her dad. The second we soft dropped, due to lack of commitment. We will eventually go back to visit him though.
Other than that we have been trying our best to find some new investigators. I have never been this low on people to teach, so it has been a humbling teaching experience for me to realize how hard it is to find people to teach. We have been tracting quite a bit, along with visiting members. We are going to start teaching members the message of the restoration to gain their trust along with keeping our teaching skills sharp. Hopefully people will see that we bring the spirit with us and that they can refer us to their friends. It kinda feels like a waste for me a little bit, because out of any other companion so far, Elder Clark and I teach the best together. Too bad we have nobody to teach. We'll find some people though. This morning we got a media referral that will hopefully turn out to be fruitful.
Did I ever send you pictures of my last two baptism's?
Chad is super lucky his mission president called him. I love President Morby so much. He has taught me a ton and has been an awesome example of what I want my relationship to be like with my wife one day. The way he acts around people and helps others is extraordinary.
Sounds like you have a lot of work to do Chad in Arkansas. I keep hearing that the church is growing down there. That means a lot of teaching opportunities. That will be good. I am stoked for you to get down there and start sharing the gospel with others. It's the best thing ever. I bet you will get to see stakes get divided while you are down there. That would be awesome.
Transfers are on September 9. I'm not really sure if I will get transferred or not. I have been in this area for about 4.5 months so I could leave.

I think that is about all for today.
Love, Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment