Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014


Hello family,

I don't think it's normal for my parents to meet my mission president before I do. Hmmm...oh well. I will miss President and Sister Morby a lot! Did you tell him that he has some BIG shoes to fill up here? He is going to have a tough time gaining the trust of everyone here. Everyone loves and honors The Morby's. We'll see what happens though.

I don't know of anything special that we are doing for Easter this week. Maybe we will find something. We will be thinking about Christ a lot though.
This week was interesting. One of our investigators had their daughter move in with them. She expressed desire to come to church as well so that will be awesome. We are excited to get to know her. She is recovering from brain surgery so it will be slow.

In relief society this week we had to dress up as Joseph and Hyrum Smith. I was Joseph. We had to read a script with lots of dramatic feeling. They all looked at us funny. I felt like an idiot, but it went well. It turned out to be a good event. Something I will never forget. We wore outfits that a lad in the ward had from like the 1800's. I'm glad the outfits have changed since then. I know there are pictures out there of me. You might be getting some via email if you haven't already.

We had some good lessons this week. Set a date with our investigator for May. Hopefully it works out for him.

That's about it for this week.

Love, Elder Udy
Picture taken before dinner on April 16, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment