Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October 16, 2012

Hey family!
My p-day is on Monday but because we just got here we did it today. It was a crazy day yesterday. I woke up at 4 am and my plane left at 8:30. We flew there and President Morby was waiting for us all. He is a super nice guy and the spirit is super strong around him. We first went to the temple to take pictures. He said that he was going to send them to you so I hope that you get those. The Portland temple is Super pretty. I can't wait to go inside sometime. We then went to the stake building (I think that was what it was) and they did some intro stuff. Then we had a meeting to meet our new companions/trainers. My companions name is Elder Manwill. He is a super cool guy. He has been here for 20 months. Everyone calls the new missionaries greenies, and they have an entire family tree system thing set up (all theoretical of course). I am a son to my trainer which is my father. I have a grandfather which is my trainers trainer.
We went to transfer meeting. They had 23 new arrivals in my group and they lost 15 people so it was a huge meeting. After that we went to our apartment in West Linn (located just south of Portland). That's my first area. It is super pretty here, trees are everywhere. When we got there my comp said that we had a lesson in 28 minutes so I did my first lesson. It was to a 9 year old girl named Emma. After that we met the bishop and we gave a blessing to his son, who had a broken wrist. Way unusual for a first day. Then we met the ward mission leader brother Carter. He is a cool guy.
Anyway, I love you all and I'm glad you are all doing alright.  Pray for me as I pray for you!

Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment