Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2012

Hello family,

I think I know more people in the ward here than I do there just because missionaries have contact with all the ward members all the time. People always come up to us and say hello. It's like I'm important or something...weird.

I miss technology a lot. A member from the ward showed us his new iphone 5 that he got recently. It made me miss my phone, but oh well.

Lately, I have been working on teaching more simply instead of just talking about everything I know about a subject. It's really hard to do that sometimes, because I think of a topic and then in my head it's like I pull up a list of bullet points to go through. So sometimes I confuse people, because they don't understand one of the points and I move on and they get stuck on that point they were confused about. It's tough.

Did you have a chance to listen to the 1st presidency Christmas devotional? It was really cool and the music for that was way awesome. We took our investigator, Dolly Davis, with us and she loved it. As soon as she gets her kids back she will be baptized for sure. She has such a huge drive and motivation to learn as much as she can about the church, because she has been through a lot of crap in her life. Her husband is, for lack of a better word, a dirt-bag and is now in prison all the way in Texas. Long story how she ended up here, but I think heavenly father dropped her here with us for a reason.

Their are quite a few babies in our ward, but I would say mostly we have a lot of toddlers. They can be super funny sometimes. Also, here is the music we are singing in ward choir for Christmas.
The First Noel - Dan Forrest
If this child were born today - Poorman and Poorman
Baby, what you goin' to be - Natalie Sleeth
Star of Bethlehem - Natalie Sleeth
and the woman are singing: Were you there on that Christmas night?

Some good things are going on in the Willamette ward. Although, in the West Linn ward they want to do missionary work, but it feels like it is at the bottom of their priority list. They only have ward council once a month and nobody ever comes to our coordination meeting so nothing gets done. The last couple weeks we have reported all zeros. The Willamette ward is on fire on the other hand though.

Anyway, sounds like you had a good week. I love you all.
Elder Udy
 We did some service on Thanksgiving and found this mini bike cleaning out the garage.
What do you think of this suit?

No comments:

Post a Comment