Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20, 2013

Hello,

This is Elder Udy reporting in.

I guess the most exciting news is that I got a new companion yesterday. His name is Elder Lloyd. We have a lot of stuff in common because he is really into drama. I told him that I was in choir and we are able to socialize about that. He is from all over, meaning, that he has been in Philadelphia, Texas, and Utah. He knows Chelsea Milward from our old stake. Crazy. I can't wait to get to know him. The scary part about having a new companion is that he has no idea as to what is going on in the area. I am the oldest missionary in the area, which is a scary thought. He will get the hang of it though.

Cool news. I just became the designated driver! That's fun, but it also means that I am the one that has to know where everything is. I am also the one that is responsible to take care of it. I feel like I am more of a leader now that Elder Manwill left. Maybe it will be good for me.

Last night one of our less actives that we are teaching was in the hospital so we went over there with our Bishop and gave him a blessing. I was the one that sealed the blessing. That was pretty cool! It's kinda weird how words just come to your mind as to what you should say. He went home that night so I must have done something right... Also, first time giving a blessing with my new companion. What better way to start off a relationship than by exercising the priesthood with him.

Valentines day was cool. It was sweet because we went to one of the less actives houses that we are teaching for dinner. Guess what their last name is...Valentine. So we ate at the Valentines on Valentines day. They are so awesome!

I have gained 5 pounds so far on my mission, but I am not sure where it went. Maybe it's muscle from walking/tracting so much. One can only hope.

Alma 32:21 is about how faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things right? That was off the top of my head if you wanted to know. If I am wrong then...oops.

Hope you all are well.
 
Love, Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment