Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014

Hello family,

This week was good. My talk in sacrament meeting went well. I talked about agency and then tied it into missionary work. I got some compliments on it so I guess it was fine. I took my 15 minutes and left 15 for my companion. Luckily, they also had a youth speaker and a musical number.

Hm... Experiences...well, it rained a lot this week. On Tuesday it poured so hard while we were biking. We showed up at our appointment with a less active member and even though we told him we were soaked he had us come in. We took our jackets off and had a lesson. At the end we picked up our jackets and backpacks and there was a huge puddle underneath everything. I felt super bad about it, but he grabbed a towel and just wiped it up. It was super wet outside.

We taught a bunch of lessons and got to know the ward a lot better. From what they have been saying the last missionaries didn't do so great. They weren't bad, but they were kinda lazy and did the minimum. The ward loves us a lot for some reason.

Yesterday I had a meeting with the zone leaders and the stake president to talk about the work going on in the stake. We talked about each of the wards and the needs of them and the different people
that they have been teaching. That was a pretty cool meeting to go to.

Other than that, we have just been doing our best to get this ward going on missionary work. We did pick up a few investigators so that will help. We did a mission wide fast this week to help us find new
investigators. I have faith that good things will come from that.

There are a lot of ways to find new investigators. Door-to-door will get you investigators, but not very good ones. The best ones come from members that have a relationship built up.

We had to switch to daylight savings time so I lost an hour of sleep and I was super tired yesterday.

That's about all.
Love, Elder Udy

P.S. We received a letter from Emerson's mission president saying he has been called to serve as the District Leader of the Cook Park District in the Tualatin Zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment