Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013

Hello Family,

Well I have some really good news and some really bad news. I guess I will start with the bad news first. So last Tuesday Linda Compton (the lady that we baptized and that sent you the card at Christmas) past away. We got a call earlier that morning saying that she was rushed by ambulance to the hospital. They think that she had pneumonia in her lungs, but they weren't sure. That night around 7:30 she died. One of the worst parts was that we didn't even get to say goodbye. The member that called to tell us, told us that Linda really loved us and appreciated everything that we did for her. That was super hard to go through, but at least she accepted the gospel in her life and I know that she is in a much better place than here. I know that heavenly father loves her to death and that she will be welcomed with open arms into his presence.

I guess it's time for the good news now. So on Friday I went to the temple to do a session. It was super awesome. The Portland temple is way pretty, although I like the chandelier in the bountiful temple better. The Portland temple has an upstairs in the celestial room, which was fun to explore. I thought about Linda in there and where she is. It was way cool to see the endowment as a missionary. I learned so much that I missed before. I missed a ton of applications to the atonement until just now. Wow.

This week was interesting. We did get to teach a lot more than the week before and the investigators that were meeting with the J-dubs actually came to church so there must be some hope still. This week was Ward conference. During the Sunday School portion they had a talk by the stake presidents counselor and his wife. They both spoke at the same time, which was appropriate because the talk was about marriage/relationships. Our investigators that are thinking about marriage were there and listening. I can only hope that they took something away from it.

Freezing rain huh...That sounds fun. There is no snow here at all. It was 50 Degrees the other day. Usually it stays around 35-40 though. Lots of rain, especially this week there has been a bunch.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. We got a new investigator on Saturday,  his name is Bob. He is married to a less active lady that is coming back. Our lesson was awesome, because we set a date with him. At first he said maybe and then asked us why that date. We told him that we prayed about it and felt like you could get an answer by that date. Then we talked about some other things. He brought up a concern about being baptized in the baptist church, which he basically resolved himself due to earlier discussion about the priesthood. Then after a bit he interrupted and said "so you asked me a question about the 16th. To answer it I will say I will try my hardest." It was sweet! The next day, he came to gospel principles and high priests group and guess what. Both lessons were about baptism...super funny. Hopefully he knows what it is now.

I think that is all the high points for this week. I love you all and pray for you.

Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment