Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013

Hello family,
Last week was super hectic. We had a baptism on Saturday, which went really well, but preparations for it were sudden. We had to suddenly move one of the investigators getting baptized because of his living situation. Good thing though he did get baptized. Also, another investigator of ours got baptized. Two investigators in one day getting dunked. That is the best.
One of them was Kevin (the guy that randomly showed up at church).. He is 21 and he has a huge desire to go on a mission now. Also, he went by himself to the missionary broadcast for our stake. Also, he signed up to go do baptisms for the dead by himself. All of that the same day that he got baptized. Sweeeeeet!!! I am going to remember him forever.
Also, this week was zone conference. It went super well. Elder Awtry and I were picked by the mission president to do some of the role playing during one of the sessions. It went alright, but now I know what I need to work on. We were role playing on how to invite less active members to take the discussions from the missionaries. President Morby had a bunch of messages, but the biggest message that I took away from the whole conference was Love. In every aspect of missionary work you can relate everything back to love. Whether it be the love you show or the love you receive from others or the love of our Heavenly Father.
Yes, today is the first day of the new missions. It's pretty exciting except there isn't that much of an uproar about it today, because we have been preparing and anticipating it for a while now. It's actually kind of a sad day for people. From my MTC district there is only one person that went to the new missions. His name was elder Klapheck. I wasn't super close to him, but in the MTC he was in my same room. I had no idea that he would leave when I was with him there. It's kind of a weird thought. Other than that though nobody that I really knew left the mission..
Good Job Dad!!! I am proud that you were able to step up to the plate and fill in when someone was in need of your help. That's one of the responsibilities of the priesthood. We are called to minister to those around us in whatever ways we can. You never know when you are going to be called upon to use your priesthood, thus we must always be ready and willing to administer to the people around us. Stay worthy and always look for ways to serve those around you.
I think that's about it for this week.
I love you guys, Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment