Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013

Hello Family,
Well this week was honestly kinda dumpy. The 4th of July kinda messed everything up and on top of that I had to go to the doctor and also one of our investigators dropped us.
Last Saturday Elder Awtry and I went and did some service for an older lady in the ward cutting down blackberry bushes. It was a ton of fun until I started itching. My arm started to turn red so on Friday I went to the doctor to get checked out. He said that I had gotten poison Oak. Not fun stuff at all. He gave me a prescription for Presnidone. It seems to be helping out a little bit, but I wish it would work faster. I'll be alright though. It took away most of the itching which is good.
Both of the people we baptized last week are doing super well. I will send Pictures.
There are a lot of people that don't have jobs still. I will start praying for them specifically.
Well I guess I will tell you about the 4th. We started out by doing our weekly planning for the week. Then we went to the parade that they always have in Canby. The parade consisted of a bunch of local school groups and super nice cars both old and new. Also, some military organizations were represented. The parade goes through the streets of Canby. The streets are blocked off by police just for the parade. Afterwards everyone crowds the streets and hangs out. There is a car show and many booths set up selling food, advertising, and games to play. It lasted from about 2-5. I took a few pictures.
After that we went to our dinner appointment with a lady in the ward who invited family and friends over to her house. They had a party with good food. There were a bunch of non-members there also so we got to talk with them. Around 5 or so we went to the Perez's house and had food again and played volleyball and badminton. Then the family had purchased a bunch of fireworks and we set them off. They were fun to watch, but I wish I would have been able to actually light them. Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to do that. They were still fun to watch them though. Around 10 Canby had a big firework show for everyone at the park. Luckily the Perez's live right next to the park so we had great seats sitting in the street. Then we went home.
This week we also had to do a spiritual thought about how to esteem Christ in district meeting. It went alright I thought.
Yesterday one of our investigators sent us a horrible text saying that we were not very good missionaries. It's alright though. We are here to find the elect and at the very least we planted a seed with her and missionaries in the future can harvest her.
I think that is about it. I love you all.
Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment